October 31 Announcements - A two page maximum is sent to parishes. We can help you publish your event across our parishes, schools and other subscribers, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 922-4747 ext. 0.
Extended Deanery Meetings, Fr. Maurice Fiolleau
In 2015, Pope Francis called for an Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy inviting all of us to become Christ’s ambassadors of mercy in the world. At the Fall Extended Deanery Meetings, we will keep our focus on this mission by continuing the theme of Becoming a Parish of Mercy that Dr. Matt Halbach presented at the Spring Diocesan Pastoral Council. For more information, contact Debbie McHarg at 306-922-4747 ext. 229 or email@example.com. Mark your calendars:
- Deanery 4: November 19 at St. Henry, Leask from 10:00am to 2:30pm
- Deanery 6: November 26 at St. Antoninus, Pierceland from 10:00am to 2:30pm
Year of Mercy
- November 20, Closing of the Holy Doors of Mercy - Bishop Thévenot, M. Afr. invites our Diocese to come together on Sunday, November 20 at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Prince Albert for a celebration to mark the end of the Jubilee Year of Mercy and the closing of the Holy Doors. Our celebration begins with the Divine Mercy Chalet at 3:00pm followed immediately by a Eucharistic Celebration. During the celebration there will also be the installation of the Deacon-Aspirants for our Diocese to the Ministry of Acolyte.
- November 20, Music Ministry - At 2:30pm, anyone who would like to join the Music Ministry for this celebration is welcome. Please RSVP your participation or any questions to Heidi by November 16 so that binders and music can be prepared.
- Handouts - The Diocese has launched a webpage with ideas, resources and events for the Year of Mercy at or type out www.padiocese.ca/jubileeofmercy in your browser.
- Celebrating Catechists - As fall begins; many parish programs also begin, led by parish Catechists. You are a catechist if you pass on faith to children and youth in such areas as Children’s Catechetics, Sacramental Preparation, and Youth Ministry or are a Catholic school teacher. Faith is passed on to adults in such areas as RCIA, Pastoral Care, Baptismal Preparation, Social Justice, Lay Formation, Prison Ministry, Marriage Preparation, Prayer Groups and groups such as Bible Studies. Checkout the latest Jubilee of Mercy handout: http://padiocese.ca/documents/jubilee-of-mercy/1461-i-am-a-catechist/file.html
- November 20, Aboriginal Stream Lay Formation – Contemporary issues in the Catholic Church will be held on November 20. Bishop Gerry Wiesner will preside at mass at 1:00pm, presentation to follow. There will be a separate children’s session. The day will run from 2:30pm-4:00pm at St. Michael’s Parish in Prince Albert (1505-13 St. West). Future sessions will be December 18 and March 19, 2017, both sessions run from 2:30pm-4:00pm. For more information, contact Mona Goodman at 306-659-5846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish, School and Group Events
Musician wanted, Shell Lake - Our Lady of Smiles Parish in Shell Lake is searching for an organist for Saturday evening masses at 8:00pm from May until the end of September. Perhaps those that come out to the lake cottage would like to take on just a few of those Sundays as well. Contact Anita at 306-427-2280.
Prince Albert Catholic Education Foundation Fundraiser "Chase the Ace" - Tickets are $2.00, which can be purchased weekly to have a chance to win 20% of that week's sales. Once the name is drawn, a deck of cards is cut and if the Ace of Spades is cut, that winner would take home the jackpot, which grows each week. The draw is held every Monday night at St. Joseph Parish at 8:00pm. All are welcome. Winner does not have to be in attendance to win. October 24, week 29 winner was George Meyer at $174.80. The growing jackpot is at $5597.40.
November 6, St. Joseph Calasanctius Parish, North Battleford Fall Supper - St. Joseph Calasanctius Parish will hold its 27th annual fall supper on November 6 from 4:30-7:00pm in their parish hall. Take-out meals available, call 306-446-1695 that day. Cost is adults/$12, 6-10yrs/$6, 5yrs and under/free, family rate/$35.
November 6, Wakaw Parish Fall Supper – The St. Theresa Shrine in Wakaw, SK. Fall Supper on November 6 begins at 4:30pm. Menu is turkey and all the trimmings, ham, cabbage rolls, perogies, mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, carrots, salads, pickles, desserts and pies. Cost is adults/$15.00, youth ages 6-12/$8, preschool-free. Join us for fellowship and meal! A raffle and 50/50 will be held.
November 6, Zenon Park Parish Supper and Bazaar - Notre Dame de la Nativité Parish in Zenon Park invite you to their Annual Bazaar on November 6. Supper will be at 5:00pm at the Zenon Park Community Hall. There will also be a Chinese Auction, Bingo, Fish Pond, and Bake Sale. Admission: preschoolers/free, 6-12yrs/$7.50, adults/$12.50, family/$40.
November 11, Messiah Lutheran Church, PA Fall Supper – A Remembrance Day Fall Supper will be held on Friday, November 11, 2016 from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Messiah Lutheran Church in Prince Albert. Doors open at 3:00pm. Costs are adults/$15, ages 6-12/$7, ages 5 and under/free. Menu featuring roast beef and meat balls! Church address is 1796 - 15 Ave. East, Prince Albert.
November 13, Domremy Parish Fall Supper - Ste. Jeanne D'Arc Parish in Domremy will host their fall supper on November 13 at the Community Hall, beginning at 4:30pm. Costs are adults/$15, ages 6-12/$8, preschoolers free. There will be a Dutch auction, raffles and plenty of food and fun for the whole family.
November 23, St Mary High School Production – The Diary of Anne Frank – St. Mary High School would like to invite the community to their play, "The Diary of Anne Frank". Show times at the school Lecture Theatre are Wednesday, November 23 – Saturday, November 26 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are adults/$10 and students/$5, available at the main office of the school or at the theatre door on the evening of the performance. Hope to see you then!
November 27, Bellevue Parish Fall Supper - St. Isidore Parish in Bellevue invites you to their annual fall supper at the community hall from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. Admission is adults/$13, ages 6-13/$7, preschoolers/free.
Ronald McDonald Family Room Volunteers Needed - Parkland Health Region and Ronald McDonald House Charities have opened a Family Room in the Pediatric Unit of the Prince Albert Victoria Hospital, providing an oasis for families and patients. They are searching for volunteers who will greet and assist families, help coordinator family programs and activities, re-stock supplies and light housekeeping. Thorough training will be provided for the 3 hour volunteer shifts. If interested, contact Nadia Balytska at 306-930-5422 or email@example.com or Volunteer Services at 306-765-6010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sacred Heart Cathedral Raffle - The Cathedral is holding another raffle! Proceeds will go towards the debt from recent renovations. First prize is a $20,000 gift card at Canadian Tire. Tickets are available from Sacred Heart Cathedral parishioners and can be purchased at the office. If you require more information please contact Andrea Gareau 306-764-2947 or the parish office at 306-763-2319. Draw date is December 4.
Catholic Family Services - Fall programs are beginning soon such as Taming the Tiger, Banana Split, Calming the Storm, Climbing the Rock and Riding the Wave for children and families, together or separate. To register or for more information, contact their office at 306-922-3202, 1-877-922-3202 or email@example.com
Our Lady of Czestochowa Parish, Prince Albert Youth Clubs - Conquest and Challenge clubs are calling all youth ages 9 to 17. The fall programs begin September 20. Both clubs are youth ministry programs that help develop virtue, character, and encourage spiritual growth all in a fun atmosphere of service. The Conquest program is specifically for boys, the Challenge program for girls. Program includes: Apostolic projects, Virtue development, Faith Formation, and Leadership. Challenge girls will meet at Our Lady of Czestochowa Parish on Tuesday at 6-8pm. Conquest boys will meet at St. Michael’s School Gym on Tuesdays at 6:15-8:15pm. Contact Joe Kawula at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-960-8440 or Jennifer Hettrick at email@example.com.
November 21-23, St. Joseph Parish Mission, Prince Albert - St. Joseph Parish is holding their Parish Mission from Nov. 21-23, 3 evenings from 6:30-8:00pm, beginning with a Mass. Deacon Bob Williston and his wife, Joan Williston, will speak on 'Receive, give thanks, break and share: the Eucharist unfolding the mercy of God' and at mass the weekend before the event. The Sacrament of Reconciliation will follow on Tuesday evening after the service.
November 26, St. Mark Parish Annual Bazaar – Everyone is welcome to join St. Mark Parish in Prince Albert on Saturday November 26 from 11:00am to 2:00pm for their annual bazaar. There will be baking, homemade preserves, white elephant and craft tables, homemade turkey pies ($3.50 each). A lunch of soup, open-faced buns, dessert, coffee or tea is available for $6. Dessert, coffee or tea is $2.50.
Retrouvaille helps hurting marriages - When couples experience difficulties in their marriage, they often feel alone; like there is no one who can help them. Retrouvaille cares about your marriage. Please consider registering for the Retrouvaille program before you consider divorce. For confidential information about the group, call 306-652-7155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.