- Catholic males who have been baptized and practicing the faith for at least five years
- Between the ages of 35 and 75 by ordination
(Please note that the age of 75 was previously marked 65, it was an error. It should have read 75.)
- Of good moral character and reputation
- In a valid, stable marriage, or living celibately if unmarried or widowed
- Actively involved in their parish or in an ecclesial movement
- Of sound physical and psychological health
- Economically stable and self-sufficient
- Residents of the Diocese of Prince Albert
- Living a deep and sacramental spiritual life, as evidenced by their frequent attendance at Mass, reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and participation in spiritual exercises and retreats.
Married candidates must have the consent and support of their wives,
who must be willing to participate in their formation as needed.