The R.C Diocese of Prince Albert announces an art competition to celebrate the canonization of Kateri Tekakwitha on October 21, 2012. There will be four categories for prizes:
Elder – ($100) Adult – ($100)
Youth – 13 and older ($50) Child – under 13 ($50)
- The artwork may use any media (paper, canvas, sculpture, birch bark, beadwork, cloth, quillwork, steel, etc.) and with any medium (pastels, ink, watercolour, crayons, beads, quillwork, needle and thread, etc.)
- Artists may submit more than one entry in any category.
- Award winners will be selected by Bishop Thévenot, M. Afr. and his delegates. All properly prepared entries will be viewed and judged. The decision of the jurors is final. Finalists will be notified by telephone and arrangements will be made for them to claim their prize.
- All art will be displayed at the Celebration for Kateri on October 21st at Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince Albert.
- Art work will remain with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Prince Albert for one year, after which, artists are invited to contact the Diocese to reclaim their entry. Art works submitted may be displayed at various churches and schools in the Diocese during this time.
Deadline for entries is October 1, 2012. Please specify the category for your entry and include your name, mailing address, phone number and email. Please submit your original artwork in person or by mail to:
Kateri Tekakwitha Art Contest
1415 – 4th Avenue West
Prince Albert, SK
Questions related to this Art Contest may be directed to (306) 922-4747 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kateri Tekakwitha Art Contest is a unique opportunity for each person to learn about St. Kateri and her faith and to express these insights in a creative way.