This photo, of a wedding party in front of the original Sacred Heart Cathedral (1892-1914) dates to circa 1900.The Bishop's Palace (1894-1973) is visible in the background. The photo was donated to the archives by Roger St. Pierre. It was found in the family home in 1959.


The writing near the bottom of this photograph reads: "1st train into Prince Albert N.W.T. Sept., 1890".  Photo originates from the Saskatchewan Archives Board.



Here, the Knights of Columbus (Prince Albert) make the draw for a giant Christmas stocking (centre). The sign held up by the man in the middle of the photograph reads:

"$15 Christmas Stocking donated by Northern Hardware. Proceeds for St. Patrick's Orphanage"

The priest to the left is Fr. Bueck. No one else in the photo is identified and the photo is undated.


Captions reads: "Confirmation, July 24, 1969 - Mistatim"


This photo was taken at Duck Lake in 1940. Written on the back is: "Classe de francais - 10th annee - Professeur Sr. Ste. Luana"



Caption reads: "Debuts d'une paroisse - St. Jacques - Albertville, Sask."
("Beginning of a parish - St. James - Albertville, Sask.")



The church at La Loche.


A confirmation class at Batoche (no date).  The priests are P. Dubuc and Mgr Leo Blaise. The children are not identified.


For general information about the Diocese of Prince Albert, please contact us at:
  info (@)
 (306) 922-4747
 (306) 922-4754
 1415 - 4th Ave. West, Prince Albert, SK. S6V 5H1
Weekdays: 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm


Proudly ministrering alongside  www.cmic.infoProudly ministering alongside 
Catholic Missions in Canada


Administrators Login