As renovations are now complete, the Sacred Heart Cathedral will open its doors upstairs for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday.
The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary are hosting several of the masses to help coordinate the French and English times
On April 18, Prince Albert's Christian communities will lead and come together for a time of reflection and prayer on where Christ is being crucified today from 12:30-2:00pm in downtown Prince Albert.
It will begin at City Hall and end at the Cenotaph
The committee for the Sacred Heart Cathedral Centennial celebration is asking each parish to make a poster that will be on display in the commons of St. Mary High School for the evening of June 20, 2014.
The poster should consist of pictures/events that give
After the long winter we have just been through, I know that we are all looking forward to spring as Ash Wednesday approaches next week. With the anticipation of warmer weather, gardening and weekends at the lake, I just wanted to write this
March 31, 2014
Dear pastors, religious, parish administrators and all the faithful of the Diocese of Prince Albert,
Greetings of peace and joy as we journey together through the Lenten season, a time of conversion and spiritual growth!
With this letter, I would like to
By Carol Thorsteinson and Elaine Hunchak
BLAINE LAKE - In 2010, we began the Prayer Shawl Ministry in our little parish. Earlier that year, we had picked up our chronically ill son from the hospital, and I was blessed to be sitting beside him when
On the Development and Peace website at: http://www.devp.org/en/goodfridayfast there are instructions to do the Good Friday Fast as well as a spiritual guide. Everyone is welcome to set up their own page.
It is not necessary to set up a personal page to participate.
It is our pleasure to cordially invite you to Building the Base: From the Ground Up. It will be held at the Wood Acres Retreat Centre in Moose Jaw, SK. from May 2 to May 4. Contact Armella Sonntag at 306-937-7675 or This email
March 28, 2014
Dear Clergy and Parishes,
Greetings to you as the promise of spring warmth and sunshine draw near!
A global Christian movement, Couples for Christ, has found its way to Canada and has reached the Diocese of Prince Albert. This movement’s purpose is
The 2014 Lenten Newsletter is now available. Here is a brief overview of the table of contents:
- Page 2: is an invitation to catechists to take part in choosing a new children’s catechetical program for the diocese... check out the dates for a gathering near
Download: 2014 March Lenten Letter (French available below)
The Lenten season is soon upon us and we gather our thoughts on how to prepare ourselves for the holiest time of year. It may seem to some the Lenten observances of prayer, almsgiving, and fasting have disappeared. This
Lent begins on March 5th this year, a copy of the main theme has been re-attached to the website here (Lent and Easter information highlighted) in case anyone has misplaced their copy! Again our package for Lent and Easter includes parish resources such as the reconciliation
The Diocese will be hosting a celebration to Celebrate the Canonization of Blessed John Paul II and John XXIII at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Prince Albert.
More details can be found in our letter: 2014, April 27 Canonization of Popes John Paul II and John XXIII
- Bellevue, St. Louis, Wakaw, Domremy - Confirmaiton (May 16, 2014 at 7:00 PM CST)
- Porcupine Plain - Confirmation (May 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM CST)
- Zenon Park - Confirmation (May 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM CST)
- Prince Albert and area Teen Youth Group - Ages 13 & up (May 9, 2014...
- 2014 Priests' Retreat (May 5, 2014)
- Discernment House Event (May 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM CST)
- Pierceland - Confirmation (May 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM CST)
- Goodsoil - Confirmation (May 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM CST)
- Battlefords Catholic Family Services Charity Dinner and Auction (May 3, 2014 at 5:30 PM CST)
- Diocesan Pastoral Council (DPC) Spring Meeting * new location (May 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM...